Hi my name is Sasha and I'm an addict

In my opinion cheese makes EVERYTHING better right?? Nothing is more satisfying than a really good cheese pull on a mozzarella stick or a perfectly grilled cheese. In my world, pasta is just a side dish for the parmesan and pizza is merely a vessel for some cheesy goodness. If anyone tells you that you put too much parmesan on your pasta then stop speaking to them, you don't need that negativity in your life, you can talk to me instead, I won't judge!

Sadly my long-time addiction to cheese, and nearly everything dairy has left me intolerant to the one thing I love (unless its made with goats or sheeps milk)

It's sad, I know, cry for me

However I like to follow my heart instead of my head and so I still consume the good stuff on a regular basis, I can't help it, I'm an addict! My one true vice though? The heroin equivalent in my cheesy addiction??

MAC AND CHEESE!!

Two foods that are great in their own right but magically come together to form one of the most comforting and cheesiest dishes!

Its a pretty simple formula to be honest; cheese + pasta = food of the gods!

I've spent time perfecting the art of mac and cheese and this recipe truly is the best (toot toot), but don't take my word for it! Try it out and let me know your thoughts, I'll give you time to get out of your cheese coma first though!

Mac and Cheese for 2 people as a main or 4 as a side


Ingredients:
200g (dried weight) pasta, I like to use spirals even though
you should technically use macaroni..whoops, cooked al dente
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup parmesan
2 teaspoons mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste

For the topping:
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I use a mix of panko and regualar)
1/4 cup parmesan
1/4 cup mozzarella
2 tablespoons olive oil

Method
Pre heat oven to 180C. Over a medium heat melt butter, then add flour to make a roux. Pour in milk and combine, heat until thickened (roughly 10mins). Once the sauce has thickened add your cheeses and combine until melted. Stir in mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over cooked pasta. In a separate bowl combine the topping ingredients. Grease an oven-proof dish (I like to use my skillet obvs), pour mac and cheese in and top with the topping. Bake for 20 minutes until the top is golden brown. Enjoy!

P.s. look out for my instagram post this week on what to do with any leftovers you might have!

Much Love

x


As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!