Who wants to be a billionaire?

Feel free to prove me wrong, and I'm just guessing here, but doesn't everyone want dessert after dinner?? I mean in most cases I'd rather have the dessert than dinner but in all instances I want dessert. However dessert has been given such a bad rap for always having to be super unhealthy and full of processed rubbish, so what if I told you I've created something that will satisfy your sweet cravings and isn't the worst thing in the world for you?? Well don't worry because I'm not teasing you this time, I actually have!

The concept of these are based on Livia's Kitchen Raw Millionaire Bites which I have been loving recently but wanted to see if I could make them at home and slightly improve on them (don't hate me!). These bars look and pretty much taste just like millionaire shortbread except they are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, vegan friendly and only have 5 ingredients!! So are the perfect treat for everyone! I mean c'mon just look at those layers!!



However like I've said before, I'm not a nutritionist or have much experience in that department so I wouldn't necessarily call these healthy however they are definitely better for you than the real version!! Thats why I've decided to call them Billionaire Bites! So what are you waiting for? GO MAKE THEM NOW!!! 

Billionaire Bites (makes 30):

Ingredients 
400g GF oats, blended to make a fine powder 
500g dates, soaked in boiling water for at least 30 mins
10 tbsp maple syrup
15 tbsp coconut oil, melted 
40g cacao 

Method
In a blender combine the ground oats with 7tbsp of coconut oil and 3tbsp maple syrup until it all starts to stick together. Line a tray with cling film and press the oat mixture onto the bottom to create a base, packing it tightly so it sticks together. Place in the fridge. Drain the dates of most of the water they have been soaking in and blend together, you want a thick paste thats still loose enough to spread, I blend the dates first and then add the water until I get the right consistency, blend with 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Spread the date mixture over the top of the oat base and place back in the fridge. In a bowl combine the cacao with the remaining coconut oil and maple syrup, pour this over the date layer and leave to set in the fridge, I like to top mine with some sea salt - I highly recommend this! Once set remove from the tin and cut into pieces! Will keep up to a week in the fridge although I doubt they'll last that long - I know mine didn't!

Much Love

x

As always make sure your following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts. Feel free to share, comment and tell your friends all about Just a Hangry Girl!!!