Just a Hangry Review: Mercer Kitchen

What is it? Technically 'New American' but it does everything from sushi to burgers! Not a massive menu but due to the fluidity of the cuisine theres definitely something for everyone! They offer breakfast/brunch/lunch/late lunch/dinner menus

Where is it? In the heart of soho on the corner of Prince and Mercer, there's both underground and outside seating. Go for a shop before hand or try the amazing rooftop bar at the James hotel! We stumbled upon it and trust me its worth going to! Amazing views of the city, great DJ and a pool!

What did I get? I shared a crispy rice with sashimi salmon to start, then I got a burger and my friends got tagliatelle pasta with wild mushrooms and the rigatoni with meatballs. I felt that the crispy rice needed a good dipping sauce to go with it as the rice wasn't seasoned nor was the salmon so a ponzu dipping sauce would have given a good freshness to the dish. The burger patty was good and cooked to my liking (rare AF) although the bun started falling apart. Served with a solid size of chips!!



Rating: 7/10 - We probably should've gone on a Saturday night rather than Sunday early dinner for a better vibe and if we were with a bigger group of people we could've shared more starters but overall a good (though slightly expensive) meal!

Much Love

x


As always make sure your following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts. Feel free to share, comment and tell your friends all about Just a Hangry Girl!!! Also if you have any NYC recommendations for me then just slide into my DMs!