Better Than A Dozen Roses

What comes to mind when someone says 8 letters to you? Most people think of the sappy line that is in most romcoms: '3 words, 8 letters, I love you'... right? Well I think of the much more enticing 8 letters strung together in one beautiful word that is
B R O W N I E S.

They are for sure my one true love, my soul mate and my ride or die.

***DISCLAIMER*** IF YOU'RE ON A DIET STOP READING. GO TO THE GYM. EAT SOME CELERY. PRETEND TO BE SATISFIED... then come back here and finish reading this post.... you won't regret it.

Well maybe your summer bod will but your soul won't, and isn't that the most important thing??

If you know me then you know the following recipe is more known that me myself. Seriously I can go clubbing and people will come up to me and say "Aren't you the girl that makes those brownies??" That's when you know these are the bomb.com

Wait did I actually just say that? Kill me now. I don't deserve this blog

But you guys deserve this recipe so let me put you out of your misery and tell you what it is. Obviously its a brownie, but its no ordinary brownie. If a superman was a brownie he'd be this brownie. I sound arrogant I know but trust me on this,  people have broken in and stolen these brownies before. NO LIE.


What makes these brownies so heavenly/to-die-for/another-super-descriptive-word-that-doesn't-do-it-justice? It's cause they are slutty brownies. The sublime combination of cookie, Oreo and brownie, full of chocolate and butter and sugar and everything else my mum wishes I'd stop eating. Though the brownie recipe is fully my own and has been years in the making, I must give credit where credit is due to Oreo for making the best snack ever and sallysbakingaddiction.com for giving me the worlds best cookie recipe. Seriously Sally you rock!

So here it goes, the secret is out

P.S it makes enough for 30 brownies but don't be fooled, they won't even last 30 seconds so best make 2 batches just in case. Trust me I've known someone to consume 5 of these in a very short period of time.. you know who you are...





For the Cookie (from Sallys Baking Addiction): 
280g Plain Flour 
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g Unsalted Butter, melted
135g Light Brown Sugar
100g Granulated Sugar
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
180g Milk Chocolate Chips 


For the Brownie: 
200g Dark Chocolate
180g Unsalted Butter
75g Plain Flour
250g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
100g White Chocolate Chips

3 Packets Double Stuffed Oreos

Pre-heat the oven to 180C

For the Cookie: In one bowl combine melted butter with both sugars, then add the egg and additional yolk. Next fold in the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Finally add the vanilla extract and chocolate chips. Set aside.

For the Brownie: Either in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (preferred) or in the microwave melt the butter and chocolate. In a separate bowl combine the flour with the sugar, then add the melted butter/chocolate mixture. Whisk the eggs into the chocolate mixture and add the chocolate chips. Set aside.

In a ziplock bag crush 1 packet of Oreos and set aside. 

Grease a 20x30cm baking tin and lay the base with baking parchment. First layer the cookie dough, making sure it is evenly spread. Next pour the crushed Oreos on top and press into the dough. Pour the brownie mixture on top of this. Finally place the remaining Oreos on top of the brownie batter in rows.

Bake for 45 mins or until a knife comes out fairly clean but the brownies are a little bit squishy.

ALLOW TO COOL!!! I know this is the hard part but to allow the brownies to set so the layers are cohesive you need to let them cool for about and hour. When cutting the brownies I like to cut into squares around the Oreo the cut the Oreo in half

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!


Much Love

x

As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!