There are two sides to every pancake

****ALERT ALERT****


This is your 48hour reminder that this Tuesday is one of my favourite days of the year!!! Nope it's not my birthday (though feel free to send presents anyway) it's...........DRUM ROLL PLS............

PANCAKE DAY!!!!!!!


*choir of heavenly angels sing ahhhh*

Okk so I know its actually called Shrove Tuesday and that there is religious symbolism behind it and for anyone who's participating in Lent good luck!! But for the hangry Jewish girl over here its Pancake Day!! Literally the one valid reason I had growing up for my mum to let me eat pancakes for dinner!
BEST. DAY. EVER 

Am I right?? Am I right??

After spending the last two summers in America my view on pancakes has been divided, I used to be the 'I hate fluffy American pancakes' girl, syrup was my worst enemy and I just didn't understand them. Pass me a plate of French crepes covered in lemon and sugar or drowned in Nutella. Now I'm not so sure... One thing I know for sure is my new found love for maple syrup (pls send help) and the fact that you can put things inside the American pancake batter and it won't burn!!! (it's the little things in life). But let's be honest here the best pancake topping is two additional pancakes!!

But I still cant give up my trusted french style pancake and so I shouldn't have to make you do that either! After a full day of pancake testing here is my favourite crepe recipe and the best American pancake recipe (based on Sally's Baking Addiction)

I got all of you covered!!!

Try them all, tell me your fav or just try one if you're normal like that, I dunno....whatever floats ya boat.



Loaded American Pancakes, Makes 8 pancakes:
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Butter, melted (plus extra for frying)
1 cup Buttermilk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup Flour
1 egg
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
70g Sprinkles
100g Chocolate Chips

Method:
In a bowl combine the melted butter, buttermilk, egg and vanilla in a bowl. Gradually combine with flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Once combined slowly fold in the chocolate chips and sprinkles to avoid the colour running from the sprinkles into the batter. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and melt a teaspoon of butter. Once the butter is melted add 1/4 cup of batter into the pan, flip once bubbles have formed around the outside. Continue until all the batter is used up and serve with syrup and whipped cream or whatever else you fancy.

Classic French Crepes:
Ingredients:
2 cups Flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1 egg

Method:
Whisk ingredients into a bowl until a batter is formed. In a large frying pan melt butter and add a ladle of the batter. Move the pan around so that the batter has completely coated the pan. Flip once the batter has set and is golden brown on one side. It is done when you press down using a spatula and it makes a squeaky noise (really scientific I know!) Serve with toppings of your choice; sugar and lemon, Nutella etc.

Happy Pancake Day and I hope you enjoy!!!



Much Love

x

As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!