The most wonderful time of the year...

I know what you're thinking - Christmas has definitely been and gone! Why is there a Christmas song as the title of the blog post?? That's because there's another wonderful time of the year that rivals Christmas for sure... 

EASTER!!!

To be perfectly honest, as a Jewish person I've never participated in anything to do with it but I know what it means - CREME EGG SEASON IS HERE!! Ok so I know it means much more than that and please don't take offence, it's just that's how my foodie brain works! To those of you living under a rock or in a country that deprives you of these eggcelent (!) chocolates let me fill you in; a Cadbury chocolate egg filled with an icing/creme centre that is supposed to resemble egg whites and egg yolk. I know my description really isn't doing this delicacy any justice! The thing that makes them soo special is that they are only available during the weeks leading up to and following Easter. Super intense! With this limited window of experimental opportunity each year I like to make something new involving these eggs and this year it's the.............. 

SCOTCH EGG BROWNIE!!!  

*gasp*

*applause* 

*confused faces*

You may be wondering what I mean by this, and hopefully your brain hasn't gone to the thought that my house mate had (a brownie with an actual scotch egg baked into it: yuck!!!) 

Let me explain it to you...

If you haven't had a scotch egg before (and trust me I don't blame you) they traditionally consist of a soft boiled egg, wrapped in sausage meat and deep fried. The thought repulses me! But I decided to put my hangry girl twist on it (yay!). So here are my Scotch Egg Brownies; creme egg wrapped in my yummy brownie covered in sprinkles. What's not to like! 

 Makes 10 Scotch Egg Brownies



Ingredients For the Brownie: 
200g Dark Chocolate 
180g Butter
225g Caster Sugar
85g Plain Flour
3 eggs 

10 Creme Eggs

200g Sprinkles 

Method
For the Brownie: Preheat the oven to 180C. Either in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (preferred) or in the microwave melt the butter and chocolate. In a separate bowl combine the flour with the sugar, then add the melted butter/chocolate mixture. Whisk the eggs into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a baking tin, lined with baking parchment and bake for 25minutes, until cooked through but still a bit gooey in the centre (this will help bind the mixture when shaping the eggs). Set aside to cool.

To assemble the Scotch Egg: Once cool enough to handle and not hot enough to melt the creme eggs crumble up the brownie and mix so that the gooey parts are incorporated into the drier parts. Take a handful of the brownie mix and coat around the egg. Repeat with all 10 eggs. Empty the sprinkles into a small bowl. Dip in each brownie coated egg so that all is covered in sprinkles.

Warning they are very rich, consume with caution!! 

Much Love 

x


As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!