Honey I'm Home!

So if you've been on my instagram in the last 24 hours you would've (hopefully!) noticed (and liked?!) a picture of a cake I made this week that had a chocolate shell around it that made it appear like a bee's hive/honeycomb. The secret?? Bubble Wrap!! I know, so weird right? But buy pouring the chooclate on it bubble side up when it hardens, and the bubble wrap is peeled off it leaves indenting that looks exactly like a honeycomb! I thought I'd give you a step-by-step guide as well as a short (very messy!) video so you can try it at home! Though if that's not your thing you can always order one from me!

Anyways here is the video with the steps to follow!



  1. Cut your bubble wrap to size so that it wraps fully around the cake and has a little edge on the top. 
  2. Melt about 200g dark chocolate (could try other chocolates although I haven't before) and allow to cool for roughly 30seconds
  3. Once cooled pour the chocolate onto the bubble wrap (bubble side up), spreading it so the entire sheet is covered. 
  4. Leave it for about 3-5 minutes until it has started to set but isn't fully hardened 
  5. Wrap it around the cake and leave it to fully set
  6. Once fully set (test by pulling a little bit of the wrap away from the cake) peel the bubble wrap away from the cake so you are left with a full chocolate coating 
  7. Finish decorating!!




Would love to see all your creations so make sure you tag @justahangrygirl in anything you post! 


Much Love

x


As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!