The Ultimate Fakeaway #2

Whether you've been following Just a Hangry Girl for a while, or just stumbled upon it recently I'm sure you would've realised that my love for a 'fakeaway' is everlasting! I love it so much that this is my second blog post on the subject!! Some of you may be thinking if that was a typo - did she mean takeaway? If so why is a food blogger talking about buying food from somewhere else! To that I say NO!! I didn't make a typo!! a fakeaway is basically any dish that you have made yourself but that you would normally order from a takeaway restaurant. It can be of any cuisine, but my fav you ask? Easy! Asian all day everyday!! I don't know what it is about Asian food but I could literally have it for every meal, every day, every week (well maybe not but shhh)

However neither my bank balance nor waistline would thank me if I ordered out to satisfy all my Asian cuisine needs! So when I do crave the good stuff I try to put a little healthy twist on it whilst still keeping me satisfied - it may not be as authentic but trust me it'll become your new favourite!


 For this fakeaway I've taken the tried and true favourite of most wagamama customers - Chicken Katsu!! When I'm hungover and in need of something greasy my first choice is chicken katsu, however this version is a lot less greasy but still as crispy! The secret? Shredded Coconut!! Trust me on this, its definitely not as weird as it sounds! I also subbed the classic curry sauce for a hoi sin based one, I promise you won't miss the curry!

Now I'm just gonna cut to the chase and give you the recipe cause its just too darn good to keep on rambling! I even made it into a video to show you just how easy it is to make!! The full egg fried rice recipe can be found on my earlier blog post.

Chicken Katsu Fakeaway for 1 


For the Chicken: 
Ingredients 
1 chicken breast
1 cup almond meal
1 cup shredded coconut
1 egg, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper

Method
Using a tenderiser or rolling pin beat the chicken breast until flatter and even in thickness. Next dip the chicken in the almond meal, then egg, then coconut. Place on a baking tray and drizzle each side on the chicken with oil. Bake for 30mins at 180C, flipping it halfway to ensure it is golden brown all over.

For the Sauce:
Ingredients
1 tbsp Plum Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
1 tbsp Hoi Sin Sauce

Method
Mix in a bowl until combined


Much Love

x

As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!