Fry-YAY

I love a good chip as much as the next person but sometimes I don't want a side as heavy as potatoes but I still want the satisfaction of crispy yet fluffy chips so I present to you my semi-healthy courgette fries!

Ingredients: 
2 Courgettes, julienned without using the core of the courgette
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup flour (GF or normal)
1/2 cup almond meal
1/4 cup milk (I use almond milk)
1 egg
Coconut oil
Extra salt for sprinkling

Method:

Sprinkle the salt over the prepared courgette and leave to sit for 20mins to draw the water out. Once this is done pat the courgette dry to try and remove as much moisture as possible. Toss them in the flour. In a bowl combine the almond flour, milk and egg to create a batter. In a frying pan heat coconut oil, enough that you can shallow fry the courgettes. In batches dip a handful of the courgette in the batter and then drop in the oil flip over when golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and sprinkle with salt. Repeat until all courgette has been used. Serve with spicy mayo

Much Love

x

As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!