You Scream, I Scream. We all scream for ICE CREAM!!

One of the first things that came to mind when I figured out I was allergic to dairy was HOW THE HELL WAS I GOING TO SATISFY MY ICE CREAM CRAVINGS???!!!  (remember this was before Ben and Jerry's decided to come out with dairy free versions)

Luckily for me my grandma had the best recipe for dairy free ice cream and now I can share it with you!! Trust me it's not as intimidating as it may sound! And don't be fooled; loosing the dairy does nothing to the calorie content but it is definitely worth it! This recipe is specifically for biscoff flavoured ice cream however if you follow the recipe up until the biscoff is added it can be a base for anything you want! My personal favs? Apple Crumble (yes I do put a whole dessert inside another one!), Ginger and Honeycomb, Popping Candy and my most recent invention; Salted Caramel Popcorn!!! So lets stop with the chit chat and get onto business!

Dairy Free Biscoff Ice Cream (Makes 2L)



Ingredients: 
3 Eggs (separated)
75g Icing Sugar
1 tub Lotus Biscoff spread, heated in microwave for 1minute
225ml Parve Cream (this is kosher non-dairy whipping cream that can be found in most Jewish supermarkets)
Lotus Biscoff cookies

Method: 
In a bowl whisk the parve cream until stiff peaks have formed, set aside. In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until stiff then whisk in the icing sugar, then whisk the egg yolks in. Next fold in the biscoff spread into the egg mixture. Combine the biscoff egg mixture with the cream. Pour into a tuperware and top with biscoff cookies. Freeze overnight.



See it's not that difficult!

Much Love

x

As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!