Gimme S'more

Pretty much every memory that I have is somehow related to food, like I'm being completely serious! If you want me to remember something tell me it when I'm eating the best thing I've ever eaten and I guarantee it'll be burnt into my memory forever. What I have noticed with this strange type of memory is that eating s'mores is directly correlated to me remembering something and some of my best memories have been round a fire (mainly on camp), making s'mores! Realistically who doesn't love them??


But sometimes its too cold to go outside or your uni house doesn't have a fire pit (note to self: demand a fire pit from my landlord!) and so you've gotta bring the s'mores inside the only way you know how; s'mores dip!!! Recipes for s'mores dips have been circling the internet for a couple years now, its just kinda hard to resist a giant pan of melty marshmallows and why should you!! Embrace the sugar coma!!

But however much of a sweet tooth you may have its still possible to get a sugar overload from this campfire dessert so I put a little salty/sweet twist on it! My recipe has been up on the Insta for the last year but I thought it was high time it made its debut on the blog! In theory you should be dipping graham crackers into the dip but digestive biscuits are the best UK alternative I could find (and I actually prefer them!!) So pick a movie, get a blanket and cosy up to this s'mores dip, I guarantee you won't find a better night in than that!!


Salty/Sweet S'mores Dip 


Ingredients
1cup Salted Caramel, or if you wanna make it yourself melt sugar in a pan until caramelised then add butter, cream and sea salt (sorry I don't do measurements!) or if you're super lazy just melt some caramel centred chocolates!
2 cups Pretzels, crushed
100g Milk Chocolate
1 bag Marshmallows
1 pack Biscuits

Method
Melt the salted caramel and combine with the pretzels. Flatten into an ovenproof dish (obvs I use my skillet!) then top with broken up chocolate and then marshmallow so you have 3 layers. Bake in the oven at 180C for about 10mins or until the marshmallow has melted and browned. Serve with the biscuits!



Much Love


x


As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!