To-frickin Good!

This dish really needs no introduction but I'll give you one anyways! I won't lie its taken me quite a while to get to grips with tofu. The texture is a bit weird, it doesn't taste of much and I'm not a vegetarian so why wouldn't I just grab some chicken instead? Well I am proud to say that I have been converted and this recipe is the sole reason why!!


My secret reason why its sooo good? Tofoo smoked tofu! The smokiness just makes it 1000000x better. Also I just discovered pressing the tofu to release some of the liquid and it really helps with the texture!! Plus this sauce has just got everything you could possibly want, the 3 S's; Salty, Sweet and Sticky!!! I served mine Buddha bowl style with brown rice, long stem broccoli, an avocado rose (which I'm actually so excited that I managed to do first time round!??!), wakame seaweed, miso mushrooms, spicy mayo and a side of edamame gyoza!!!

So I'll quit my rambling and give you what you came for - THE RECIPE!! 

Maple-Soy Smoked Tofu (makes for 1 person): 


Ingredients 
100g Smoked Tofu - if you can get then normal will work
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Garlic clove, diced
1tsp fresh ginger, grated
2tbsp cornstarch
1tsp sesame seeds
1tbsp sesame oil

Method
Wrap the tofu in kitchen paper and weigh down using a heavy pan or object ( I use my skillet) for 15mins to dry out the tofu. Cut into cubes and marinate with 2tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp maple syrup, ginger and garlic for 20mins. Toss the tofu in the cornstarch and heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the tofu and pan fry until golden and crisp. Add the remaining soy, maple syrup and sesame seeds until the sauce has thickened. Serve as desired 


Much Love
x



As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!