#MeatlessMondays Take 2

I know you must all think that I'm abandoning my carnivore roots, I'm betraying you all by continuously posting vegan and vegetarian recipes... Trust me - I'm not! As much as a love a perfectly cooked steak/burger/any other meat, I can also appreciate how versatile vegetables can be! Wow I really sound like a hippy vegan there.. whoops!

In all seriousness though I'm enjoying experimenting with vegetables in different ways and although I wouldn't want to give up meat everyday, somedays I do or somedays I don't have any meat available to me but I want something specific so I have to improvise with vegetables, and thats exactly how these aubergine 'meatballs' came about. I really do need a better name for them so if you have one, send it on over to me; I'll give you full credit!

Vegan Aubergine 'Meatballs' (for 2 people) 





Ingredients
2 Aubergines, finely diced
1/2 cup Breadcrumbs ( I use GF ones)
1 garlic clove, finely diced
1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
Tomato Sauce
Pasta of Your Choice

Method
In a frying pan over a medium heat sauté the aubergine with the garlic until soft, if you dont want to keep adding oil add a cup of water for the aubergine to absorb. Once the aubergine is soft and cooked put in a blended and blend until it forms a 'lump'. Add the breadcrumbs and half of the basil and combine until you have a mixture that resembles meatballs. Roll and shape into meatballs, heat some oil in a frying pan and sear the meatballs until golden on all sides, add the tomato sauce and simmer with the remaining basil for 10-15minutes. Whilst this is going on boil your pasta. Once the meatballs and sauce is done, combine with pasta!

Much Love


x


As always make sure you're following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts and stories. Feel free to share, comment and tell all your friends about Just a Hangry Girl!!