Snack Queen

There are two people in this world; the ‘snackers’ and the ‘others’. If you fall into the latter category may I kindly suggest you; A. Become a snacker B. Reevaluate you’re lifestyle or C. Stop reading this blog post. Personally I’d prefer if you just chose option A, but hey you’re entitled to making your own decisions and I respect that! (Just don’t make the wrong one...)

So if you’ve made it this far then I can only assume that, like me, you are a snacker. You’re the person that doesn’t understand how someone doesn’t eat in between meals and sometimes you’ll just graze on snacks throughout the day instead of actual meals. I’m here to tell you that’s OK, we can shun the idea of 3 square meals together! 

However, not to be a downer, but sometimes the snacks available are either uninspiring, unhealthy (depending on my mood this is either a positive or negative) or a combination of the two. So what does this mean and why should you care about my snacking woes? I’ll tell you why! It means that I tend to make my own and sometimes they are seriously random (marmite on Pringles) and sometimes they are insanely genius (keep reading for the example!) if I do say so myself! 

So I’ll let you in on my latest creation/obsession/addiction....

SEASONED POPCORN

I know, you’re thinking ‘Popcorn? That’s not particularly revolutionary! I can go and buy that from the supermarket!’ And yes you would be correct in thinking this. However have you ever stopped to think about how great of a blank canvas popcorn is?? It’s filling, pretty healthy and ready in a matter of minutes - everything you could want in a snack! And trust me these 4(YES 4?!) recipes are gonna make you switch from pre-popped to fresh popped instantly! 


As a snack connoisseur I know that sometimes you want salty, sometimes you need sweet and sometimes only both will suffice so don’t worry I’ve covered all the bases! To make the plain popcorn just follow the pack instructions of the kernels or just add some to a medium heat pan with a tablespoon of oil, cover and wait for them to pop! Try all 4 and let me know which is your fav!!

Rosemary Garlic
Ingredients: 
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon black pepper


Method: 
Pan fry the rosemary in a pan with a little oil until crisp and aromatic. Place in a bowl with the rest of the seasonings, add the popcorn and mix until evenly incorporated.

Vanilla Salt
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon fresh vanilla
1 teaspoon salt

Method: 
Add the seasonings to the popcorn and mix until evenly incorporated

BBQ




Ingredients: 
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 teaspoon garlic granules
1 teaspoon salt

Method: 
Add the seasonings to the popcorn and mix until evenly incorporated

Peanut Butter
Ingredients: 
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1tsp cinnamon
1tsp salt
1tsp fresh vanilla



Method: 
Combine ingredients in a bowl until a loose paste is formed, evenly coat the popcorn in this and then bake in the oven until the paste has dried


Much Love

x

As always make sure your following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts. Feel free to share, comment and tell your friends all about Just a Hangry Girl!!!