Just a Hangry Review: Smorgasburg

Firstly if you’re a regular to my page but haven’t read my latest Insta post then here's a mini life update: I’ve moved to NYC for the summer!!! Though you may not be that interested to know this you may be more interested to know that I have no oven (although I do have a toaster oven - whatever that might be ?!) and just a handful of utensils. So what does this mean for Just a Hangry Girl? A lot of eating out!!! Which I’m certainly not complaining about even if my bank balance might be! Due to this I decided that as well as sharing my own recipes I’m going to start doing restaurant reviews! So without further ado here is my guide to one of the best things about NYC - Smorgasburg!!

What is it? Most of you have probably already heard of Smorgasburg but in case you haven’t its basically a food festival that's on every weekend in 2 different locations in Brooklyn. With over 100 vendors there really is something for everyone! From the healthy to the sinful, the cheese and gluten to the allergy friendly and even vegan food as long as you come hungry you’ll love it! 

Where is it? Saturdays are Williamsburg and Sundays are Prospect Park. I’ve done both and still haven’t decided which I prefer! The one in Williamsburg has amazing views of Manhattan but Prospect Park has more places to sit down to eat.

What did I get? 

I shared steamed dumplings (vegetarian and chicken) which were yum but not amazing


Mozzarella sticks from BIG MOZZ which are literally life changing 





Air-fried Avocado fries, from Avocaderia, with vegan mayo which had my friends and I divided, tbh I’m still not sure my thoughts!

Fried Cookie from DO x BIG MOZZ  which may sound gross but trust me it’s like a bite of half baked warm cookie dough - and what could be better than that!


Finally a GF Nutella/Brownie ice cream sandwich from THE GOOD BATCH which was the perfect way to end the ultimate food feast!




Rating? 10/10 - there is honestly so much to try and if you share it all its not too pricey! I recommend walking the Brooklyn Bridge afterwards to burn off all that food! 


Much Love

x


As always make sure your following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts. Feel free to share, comment and tell your friends all about Just a Hangry Girl!!! Also if you have any NYC recommendations for me then just slide into my DMs!