Just a Hangry Review: Tenzan

What is it? I'm guessing this is going to be my local sushi place (aside from wholefoods obvs). Think super authentic Japanese that for the city isn't mad money!! We sat outside but there's both indoor and outdoor seating.

Where is it? As I'm living on the Upper West Side we went to the one that's near(ish) to my apartment   (Columbus and 73rdst) however they have one on the Upper East Side and Midtown!

What did I get? I got salmon skin salad which was AMAZING!!! It's so not a thing in England so when I'm stateside I get it as much as possible!! It had cucumber, spring onions, spicy mayo, eel sauce (not really made out of eels btw), masago and obviously tonnes of crispy salmon skin!! I had it with a spicy crunchy tuna ISO roll, which wasn't life changing and couldve been a bit spicier but you could tell that teh fish was very fresh which is the most important part for me! My friend had age tofu which looked amazing and was a very generous portion, edamame (can't go wrong there!) and a sweet potato tempura roll


Rating: Overall I'd give it a 9/10 very close to 10/10 but the roll let it down just a tad. Great service and even better prices for sushi Manhattan. Extremely fresh fish and a great menu selection!

Much Love

x


As always make sure your following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts. Feel free to share, comment and tell your friends all about Just a Hangry Girl!!! Also if you have any NYC recommendations for me then just slide into my DMs!