Move over Sweet Potato - There's a new gnocchi in town!

Just over a year ago I gave you a twist on a classic - sweet potato gnocchi. Now I give you my newest achievement; cauliflower gnocchi!! I won't pretend that I came up with the concept but ever since I tried it in America from Trader Joes I haven't stopped thinking about it!!


I personally think gnocchi (all versions) is heavily underrated, and just like all potato centric dishes it gets a pretty bad rep - even though it shouldn't!! So when you are craving the stuff and all the comfort that goes with it this veggie based version definitely hits the spot. It's pretty much perfect with any form of sauce, and normally I'd head straight to my avocado pesto, but now that its getting colder outside I decided to go for something a little more comforting. I just sautéed some shallots, garlic and mushrooms in a pan with butter until golden brown and mixed in some cavolo nero. I then boiled my gnocchi and transferred them into the pan with some extra butter so the gnocchi gets all browned and crisp in places and finished it off with fresh herbs and a parmesan tuile (but really a good tomato sauce will do!). You deff won't regret this addition to your weeknight meal roster - prep on the weekend and store in the freezer for a quick and easy meal!

Cauliflower Gnocchi (makes enough for 4 people)



Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped (you want it to weigh about 1kg)
1 1/2 cups flour (I used GF Bread Flour)
1 tsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper

Method:
Steam your cauliflower over a pot of boiling water for about 20mins until soft but still a bit firm. Place in a tea towel and squeeze out the liquid (you might want to wait for it too cool down first as the liquid will be very hot). Place the rest of the ingredients and drained cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until a dough is formed - you might need to add more flour. Turn out onto a floured surface and separate into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into a long sausage shape and cut into little squares, repeat with each piece. Bring a pan of water to the boil and place the gnocchi in. Boil until the pieces start floating. Drain and mix into the sauce of your choice - I like to crisp mine up in a pan.


Much Love

x


As always make sure your following me on Insta and Facebook for more recipes in between blog posts. Feel free to share, comment and tell your friends all about Just a Hangry Girl!!!